- Founded in 2005, Technophage is a leading company in the biotechnology market in Portugal and a leading player in the market and phage therapy technology. It has an innovative business model, with organizational and financial strength, managed by a Board and Management team with extensive experience in the Pharma/Biotechnology sector. TechnoPhage is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to the R&D of new biological molecules in several therapeutic areas, such as infection, neuroscience, ophthalmology and oncology;
- It is regularly on one of the companies in Portugal with the highest number of patents (Top 10) and, as such, one of the largest national investors in R&D;
- Several collaboration agreements have been established between Technophage and diverse entities, each one specialized in different scientific fields;
- Promoter and major shareholder of COLAB Vector B 2 B, a private association that aims to bring together the various capabilities of the different players in the health biotechnology sector, and turn them into viable economic assets;
- In 2020 it launched its Oncology platform, becoming a resident entity of JLABS Johnson Johnson Innovation in Beerse, Belgium;
- It is developing an innovative treatment for COVID 19 starting from fragments of neutralizing antibodies that prevent the virus from infecting the human cells The treatment is currently at Pre Clinical Stage;
- TechnoPhage iniciated in February 2021 the Phase I/IIA study of TP 102, a phage therapy candidate for the treatment of Diabetic Foot Infections. The study is being conducted in Israel under an application approved by the Israeli Ministry of Health, and an Investigational New Drug application approved by the U.S. FDA. FDA Fast Track Designation granted in May 2021 to TP 102 for the treatment of patients with infected diabetic foot ulcers caused by Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus and/or Acinetobacter baumannii.
- Founded in 2020, by a group of managers and entrepreneurs who research, promote and support the development and early stage investment in Portugal and other markets, of biotechnology health products, in order to develop the spirit of entrepreneurship and contribute to the growth of a sustained and innovative economy;
- The 4 promoters of IBV have extensive experience in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, Management, entrepreneurship, private equity, etc., having promoted and developed more than 20 business initiatives in this area.